Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Great Ocean Road : Kangaroo Island : Grampians

Over the mid-semester break I took a trip with Megan, two guys from Denmark, and a girl from Sweden along the Great Ocean Road up to to Adelaide, to Kangaroo Island and then down to the Grampians. I absolutely loved this trip because we rented a car and were able to stop wherever we wanted along the way, and really just enjoy all of the things that we got to see. The Great Ocean Road has some of the most amazing scenery that I have ever seen. I think my favorite spot along the G.O.R. was Loch and Gorge. We stopped for a day in Adelaide, but there really wasn't too much to see there. After Adelaide, we traveled over to Kangaroo Island. On Kangaroo Island we got to see a wide variety of things. We saw seals in their natural habitat, Little Sahara, Flinders Chase National Park which included the Remarkable Rocks, and lots of other beautiful sites. We also camped out one night on Kangaroo Island. From there we traveled to the Grampians which is a mountain area. Here we went hiking, saw waterfalls, and lots of kangaroos! Overall it was a really amazing trip and I'm glad that I got to see such a wide variety scenery.

12 apostles along the Great Ocean Road

loch and gorge

Remarkable Rocks on Kangaroo Island

hiking in the Grampians

kangaroo and joey in the Grampians

No comments: