Sunday, February 3, 2008

two by four

Our first project in studio this semester was to take an 18 inch 2x4 and create a self-sustaining system (using the complete 2x4, no more no less). At first i had absolutely no clue what to do; i had never worked in a wood shop and was practically clueless to what could be done with the different machines in the wood shop. After taking a day in the woodshop to practice cutting, i had finally started to get some ideas.



Here is my final 2x4 project:






Overall I am really happy with the way this project turned out. I absolutely love my idea. However, the craft could have been better; there are definitely several spots where things didn't fit together as well as I wanted them to (and there were even a few cases where pieces broke). But overall, I love it!

No comments: