Thursday, November 1, 2007

a practice in shading...

For drawing class we had to do some shading excersises. Here are a few of mine. I'm not as happy with them as I would like them to be, but they are still ok.
This picture above was done in pencil using the hatching, cross-hatching and random methods. I think out of all the shadings I did, this was my favorite.
In the picture above I used pen to show shading. I used the hatching, stippling, and cross hatching methods. I think the hatching and cross-hatching methods achieved the idea of making the figure look three dimensional, but I did not accomplish that with the stippling.


This last one was done with pencil. I think it does look three dimensional but I am not sure if I did all of the shading correct (like where all the lights and darks should be). But overall I think it is ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the sphere with the hatching, nice job :)